Mr. Bolig is a registered architect in Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, and Washington and holds LEED AP accreditation.
He has more than 23 years of experience in planning, design, construction, and building evaluation for project types that include commercial, residential, multi-residential, retail, educational, historic renovation and adaptive reuse.
His experience has a strong focus on architectural design, engineering coordination, and construction administration. Mr. Bolig’s past projects included steel, concrete, and wood frame structures, and building envelopes with barrier wall, screen wall, storefront, curtainwall, metal panel, and precast panels. He also has extensive knowledge of roof systems and below grade waterproofing and has also provided constructability and building envelope reviews.
Mr. Bolig has inspected and evaluated failures in building envelopes, building code and ADA accessibility code compliance, storm damage assessments, premises liability, and construction defects and disputes. These inspections encompassed commercial, residential, civic, religious, hospitality and multi-residential building types and included foundation failures, moisture intrusions, structural wood framing failures, envelope failures, window wall system component deficiencies and failures, and construction site accidents. He has also provided expert witness testimony in depositions, arbitrations and mediations.
Representative Design Engagements
• Silo Point – Baltimore, MD 814,000-sq-ft adaptive reuse and new construction project with 201 urban lofts, 8 level structured parking garage and retail.
• Spa Sante - Baltimore, MD, 8,000-sq-ft salon and day spa tenant improvement in historic urban building.
• 1201 Wall Street – Baltimore, MD, 60,000-sq-ft urban infill structured parking garage in historic neighborhood.
• 1211 Light Street – Baltimore, MD, 101,000-sq-ft adaptive reuse and building conversion into 67 urban style lofts.
• Funk Box – Baltimore, MD, 6,500-sq-ft night club renovation and reconstruction in business district.
• Foundry on Fort (2004 Baltimore Heritage Historic Preservation Award) – Baltimore, MD, 76,000-sq-ft mixed-use office and retail spaces.
• Fairview Park Center (2005 Virginia AIA Award) – Fairfax, VA, 386,000-sq-ft office tower and 412,000-sq-ft structured parking garage.
• Farragut Center – Washington, DC, 11-story, 296,145-sq-ft office and underground structured parking.
• SAIC Enterprise – Vienna, VA, 178,000-sq-ft office building and 18-acre campus master planning.
• Trappe Town Hall – Trappe, MD, Public design charrette and design package for a 3,500-sq-ft town hall.
• Wicomico Veterinary Clinic – Wicomico, MD, 4,900-sq-ft veterinary clinic with surgery and recovery rooms.
• Pool House – Clarksville, MD, Pool house prototype for regional company.
• Park School – Baltimore, MD, 40,000-sq-ft art center addition and 13,000-sq-ft lower school addition.
• McHenry Point – Baltimore, MD, 121 urban townhome development, master planning and design.
• Al Ghurair Center – United Arab Emirates, 1.2 million-sq-ft urban retail district.
• Warsaw Daewoo Center – Poland, 438,000-sq-ft office tower and 3,700-sq-ft lobby level product display room.
• Shin Cheju Hotel – Korea, 284,000-sq-ft destination and luxury resort hotel.
Education and Certifications
• Architecture, M.Arch.: University of Maryland
• Architecture, B.A.: University of Pittsburgh
• Registered Architect: Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, and Washington
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP): U.S. Green Building Council
• Memberships: American Institute of Architects (AIA); National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)