John Bolig has more than 21 years of experience in planning, design, construction, and building evaluation for project types that include commercial, residential, multi-residential, retail, educational, historic renovation and adaptive reuse.
John’s experience has a strong focus on architectural design, engineering coordination, and construction administration. His past projects included steel, concrete, and wood frame structures, and building envelopes with barrier wall, screen wall, storefront, curtainwall, metal panel, and precast panels. He has extensive knowledge of roof systems and below grade waterproofing and has
also provided constructability and building envelope reviews.
John has inspected and evaluated failures in building envelopes, building code and ADA accessibility code compliance, storm damage assessments, premises liability, and construction defects and disputes. These inspections encompassed commercial, residential, civic, religious, hospitality and multi-residential building types and included foundation failures, moisture intrusions, structural wood framing failures, envelope failures, window wall system component deficiencies and failures, and construction site accidents. He has also provided expert witness testimony in depositions, arbitrations and mediations.
REPRESENTATIVE DESIGN PROJECTS
- Silo Point – Baltimore, MD; 814,000 ft2 adaptive reuse and new construction project with 201 urban lofts, 8 level structured parking garage and retail.
- McHenry Point Baltimore, MD; 121 urban town home development, master planning and design.
- Spa Sante - Baltimore, MD; 8,000 ft2 salon and day spa tenant improvement in historic urban building.
- 1201 Wall Street – Baltimore, MD; 60,000 ft2 urban infill structured parking garage in historic neighborhood.
- 1211 Light Street – Baltimore, MD; 101,000 ft2 adaptive reuse and building conversion into 67 urban style lofts.
- Funk Box – Baltimore, MD; 6,500 ft2 night club renovation and reconstruction in business district.
- Park School – Baltimore, MD; 40,000 ft2 art center addition and 13,000 ft2 lower school addition.
- Foundry on Fort (2004 Baltimore Heritage Historic Preservation Award) – Baltimore, MD 76,000 ft2 mixed use office and retail spaces.
- Fairview Park Center (2005 Virginia AIA Award) – Fairfax, VA; 386,000 ft2 office tower and 412,000 ft2 structured parking garage.
- Farragut Center – Washington, DC; 11 story 296,145 ft2 office and underground structured parking.
- SAIC Enterprise – Vienna, VA; 178,000 ft2 office building and 18 acre campus master planning.
- Al Ghurair Center – United Arab Emirates; 1.2 million ft2 urban retail district.
- Warsaw Daewoo Center – Poland; 438,000 ft2 office tower and 3,700 ft2 lobby level product display room.
- Shin Cheju Hotel – Korea; 284,000 ft2 destination and luxury resort hotel.
- Trappe Town Hall - Trappe, MD; Public design charrette and design package for a 3,500 ft2 town hall.
- Pool House - Clarksville, MD; Pool house prototype for regional company.
- Wicomico Veterinary Clinic - Wicomico, MD; 4,900 ft2 veterinary clinic with surgery and recovery rooms.
- M Arch, Architecture – University of Maryland
- B.A., Architecture – University of Pittsburgh
- Registered Architect (RA) – Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Virginia, Texas, Washington
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) - USGBC
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)